Merry CHRISTmas!
Rick C. Hodgin
2020-12-25 15:06:28 UTC
Many have forgotten the true meaning of CHRISTmas. It goes like this:

Because of sin all of mankind was lost. Adam sinned, and sin then
passed down into everyone born from Adam (which was all people). All
people carried the sin within them of Adam, meaning all people were
guilty before God.

But 2,000 years ago, God entered into the equation to change things.

Jesus stepped down to Earth from His Heavenly Throne, came to us to be
born and live as one of us. Physical flesh yet remaining God. He was
born King. Even King of kings, and Lord of lords.

Jesus was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of
angels, preached unto people all over the world, believed on everywhere,
and received up into glory where He now sits in all power and authority,
even holding full power and authority over death, Hell, and the grave.

Thanks to Jesus: "Oh death, where is thy sting?"

Because of what He did, because of His completed work at the cross,
because He chose to become a man down here and rescue us from the sin we
committed, He's made it possible for us to be set free from the
punishment of sin, to be set free from eternal death in Hell.

Jesus has made it so we are once again restored to Him, like it [sin]
never even happened, becoming once again His sons and daughters in eternity.

God wants to forgive us, not judge us.
It's why He's made salvation free for the asking.

-----
If you would like to live on after you leave this world, ask Jesus to
forgive your sin today. He will forgive you, forgive all you've done,
and start you off on a new life. He will walk with you in this world
and receive you into His glory when you depart. He loves you, both now
and forever.

Jesus is the reason for the season.
Jesus is actually the reason for everything.
Your dream job, your ability to have attended university and gotten the
degree you enjoy, your loving family, your accomplishments ... they are
all gifts from Him to you in your life.

If you'd like to see how He walks with you in this world, watch the
series "The Encounter" on Pure Flix. It's two seasons. The character
there called "The Man" is Jesus showing up to help people in their
lives. It will inspire you to see God at work in your life.

-----
May you have a Merry Christmas! And a Happy New Year! And may this be
the first day of your eternal life, as you ask Jesus to forgive your
sin, and enter in to eternal life literally beginning today.

Do you have sin? You need a Savior. Jesus is that one you need.

Peace and love, in Jesus Christ. Amen.
--
Rick C. Hodgin

PS -- Learn something from a Godly perspective:
God's System In Motion -- http://www.3alive.org
God's System In Motion --

The spiritual nature of our lives --

daniel...@gmail.com
2020-12-25 19:03:38 UTC
Because of sin all of mankind was lost. Adam sinned, and sin then
passed down into everyone born from Adam (which was all people).
Rick, you really need to expose yourself to modern biblical scholarship :-)
There is no mention in the Genesis story of the fall of man, and life
in the Garden of Eden is never described as a sinless existence. These
were elements introduced later by ancient interpreters.

Best regards,
Daniel
Mr Flibble
2020-12-25 19:08:33 UTC
Post by ***@gmail.com
Because of sin all of mankind was lost. Adam sinned, and sin then
passed down into everyone born from Adam (which was all people).
Rick, you really need to expose yourself to modern biblical scholarship :-)
There is no mention in the Genesis story of the fall of man, and life
in the Garden of Eden is never described as a sinless existence. These
were elements introduced later by ancient interpreters.
Do doubt the spammer extraordinaire will claim that these ancient interpreters were guided by his god.

/Flibble
😎
Rick C. Hodgin
2020-12-25 21:39:19 UTC
Post by ***@gmail.com
Because of sin all of mankind was lost. Adam sinned, and sin then
passed down into everyone born from Adam (which was all people).
Rick, you really need to expose yourself to modern biblical scholarship :-)
There is no mention in the Genesis story of the fall of man, and life
in the Garden of Eden is never described as a sinless existence. These
were elements introduced later by ancient interpreters.
Ah. Well, we've definitely reached the root of your misunderstanding of
scripture: Genesis.

If you want to know the truth the answers are there, Daniel. I advise
seeking the truth and learning correctly. It's my best advice to you.
Rick C. Hodgin
The Doctor
2020-12-25 22:31:59 UTC
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Post by ***@gmail.com
Because of sin all of mankind was lost. Adam sinned, and sin then
passed down into everyone born from Adam (which was all people).
Rick, you really need to expose yourself to modern biblical scholarship :-)
There is no mention in the Genesis story of the fall of man, and life
in the Garden of Eden is never described as a sinless existence. These
were elements introduced later by ancient interpreters.
Ah. Well, we've definitely reached the root of your misunderstanding of
scripture: Genesis.
If you want to know the truth the answers are there, Daniel. I advise
seeking the truth and learning correctly. It's my best advice to you.
--
Rick C. Hodgin
There are enough bibles going around.
Merry Christmas 2020 and Happy New Year 2021 !
daniel...@gmail.com
2020-12-25 22:37:55 UTC
Post by ***@gmail.com
Rick, you really need to expose yourself to modern biblical scholarship :-)
There is no mention in the Genesis story of the fall of man, and life
in the Garden of Eden is never described as a sinless existence. These
were elements introduced later by ancient interpreters.
If you want to know the truth ...
There's no devil in the Genesis story either, just a talking serpent. You
need to read more.

Daniel
Rick C. Hodgin
2020-12-26 16:11:00 UTC
Post by ***@gmail.com
Post by ***@gmail.com
Rick, you really need to expose yourself to modern biblical scholarship :-)
There is no mention in the Genesis story of the fall of man, and life
in the Garden of Eden is never described as a sinless existence. These
were elements introduced later by ancient interpreters.
If you want to know the truth ...
There's no devil in the Genesis story either, just a talking serpent. You
need to read more.
Daniel, you say I need to read more. I have over many years. It's why
I now raise my voice to correct your misleading and misguided posts so
that any harm you would seek to do will be shown for what it is: lies,
and misunderstandings.

In your prior message you say sin was not in the Garden of Eden. Your
exact quote:

"There is no mention in the Genesis story of the fall of man,
and life in the Garden of Eden is never described as a sinless
existence. These were elements introduced later by ancient
interpreters."

What is sin? It's missing the mark, an archery term. God had given
Adam and Eve a standard in the Garden of Eden. They both knew it, and
they consciously disobeyed it, and therefore suffered the consequences
that God had told them would happen:

Genesis 3:1-7

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis%203&version=KJV;NIV

1 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the
field which the Lord God had made. And he said unto the
woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every
tree of the garden?
2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the
fruit of the trees of the garden:
3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of
the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither
shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

This is Eve responding. She was made after Adam. The guidance God had
given to Adam was also given to Eve. God gave Adam and Eve both a
boundary line and a warning of what would happen if they crossed it.
They were told not to cross it, so that when they did cross it that was sin.

The fall of man comes as a result of their actions:

Genesis 3:14-19

14 And the Lord God said unto the serpent, Because thou
hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and
above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt
thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy
life:
15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and
between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head,
and thou shalt bruise his heel.
16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy
sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring
forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband,
and he shall rule over thee.
17 And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto
the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of
which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of
it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt
thou eat of it all the days of thy life;
18 Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee;
and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;
19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou
return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken:
for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

The above is reinforced by what we read later on in scripture, as it was
revealed 100s of years (over 1,000 years) after the above was written down:

Romans 5:12-19

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans+5%3A12-19&version=KJV;NIV

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners,
so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

And also a confirmation:

1 Corinthians 15:45-47

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Cor+15%3A45-1Cor+15%3A47&version=KJV;NIV

45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living
soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that
which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
47 The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is
the Lord from heaven.

We live in the only world we've ever known. We just assume this is how
it's always been, but it wasn't always like this. The Earth God created
was a paradise. The Earth tended to itself. Nothing poisonous or
harmful. No death in the conventional sense. God is the author of
life, and everything He created was of that form.

When sin entered in, something alternate was given. And it was from
within that alternate path that what we have today became manifest.

Not only did Adam and Eve die that day (spiritually), but God also
changed the nature of the Earth, the nature of the plants and animals.
Things changed once God no longer had His restraining power in place
over everything. Once Adam effectively handed over the keys to Satan
and said, "Here ya go, I'll follow you. Lead on, my new master," then
all things changed, and man lost something we today don't realize we
don't have because we've never had it -- that is our spirit nature. But
all who come to Christ and are born again will receive it, and they will
be aware from that point forward of what was lost, which is what drives
them to reach out and teach and move and love and do despite all of the
silly attacks like yours.

The truth of the Bible is like a lion. You need not defend a lion. You
simply turn it loose. It will defend itself.

But to the ignorant, the unknowing, the enemy creeps into your thoughts,
introduces things that seem plausible, seem to stand up and be correct,
until you actually investigate and study, at which point that enemy's
lies all crumble.

You need to press in and seek with a truth-seeking heart the contents of
the Bible. God has not left us without information and understanding of
all things required to obtain salvation in this world. He's given us
everything we need, and He's promised to teach us all things once we get
past this world of sin and anarchy.

-----
Now, you also say above that the devil is not the serpent stated in
Genesis. Your exact quote:

"There's no devil in the Genesis story either, just a talking
serpent. You need to read more."

We have a drop-in from Ezekiel, a bit of additional information that
relates not to the king of Tyrus, but is referring to Lucifer, as is
evidenced by the fact Tyrus was never in the Garden of Eden, and was not
arrayed as is indicated. Tyrus doesn't have the abilities stated. So
what we see here a glimpse of what Lucifer looked like physically,
bodily. We also gain an understanding of why very successful musical
artists and actors and what not begin to start wearing certain clothing.
They're trying to recapture some of what their angelic bodies looked
like by their clothing. You can see this in Elvis and his cape with
patterns all over. And in people like Michael Jackson even possibly
with his plastic surgery, not just his clothes, etc.

Evil spirits are real, Daniel. They're leading you right now into
believing things that are false so you'll believe them instead of God
and be deceived until the end of your life where you, therefore, never
did come to repent and be saved. Their goal is your soul's destruction
in Hell alongside them, for every last evil spirit is literally
eternally condemned. None of them will escape justice, the pure Justice
of God.

Ezekiel 28:11-19

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ezekiel+28%3A11-19&version=KJV;NIV

13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious
stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond,
the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the
emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of
thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the
day that thou wast created.
14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set
thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou
hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.
15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast
created, till iniquity was found in thee.
16 By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the
midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore
I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and
I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of
the stones of fire.
17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast
corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will
cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that
they may behold thee.
18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine
iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will
I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour
thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the
sight of all them that behold thee.
19 All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished
at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any
more.

We read further in the Bible, as it is revelation for people at various
times, whereas we here in the end-times have the full revelation up to
this point (with only the great tribulation portion not yet known as a
matter of history), that Satan was indeed the serpent.

Revelation 12:9
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Rev+12%3A9&version=KJV;NIV

9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called
the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he
was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out
with him.

-----
And now, Daniel, here is a verse for you. It's a warning from the Lord
for all who would cause those who seek the truth and teach the truth to
stumble. It is a warning against your sin, and against your own soul:

Matthew 18:6-7

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+18%3A4-7&version=KJV;NIV

4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child,
the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
5 And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name
receiveth me.
6 But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe
in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged
about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the
sea.
7 Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be
that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence
cometh!

Some people are so wrapped up in sin and loving sin they'll never see
the truth. But there are still those who will be saved.

The gospel message goes out for two purposes:

1) For those who will be saved, God combines the message going
forth with His own movement within each person's inner man,
such that the two combine to cause one to repent, ask Jesus
for forgiveness, and are thereby immediately saved. And,
2) For evidence against those who will not believe, so that
when they are cast into Hell it is not a matter of debate
or questioning, but such that even the one being convicted
and sentenced to an eternity in fire, they themselves will
agree and acknowledge that God is fair and just, in that
He first gave EVERY PERSON WORLD-WIDE MULTIPLE OPPORTUNITIES
TO REPENT, AND THEY REFUSED EVERY ONE OF THEM.

Your life is precious, Daniel. There is an enemy who deceives all of
us. He's not an idle enemy of no standing. He is a significant enemy
that requires us to put on a whole armor of God, a full knowledge of
truth, the full faith of the believer to be wielded against his
continuous onslaught of fiery darts which seek to pierce and destroy.

God knows who are His, and He keeps those who are His. He sends in
reinforcements, other saints of God, other voices, sometimes angels, to
intervene and pray and help the souls who will be saved.

These are the end-most times, the tick of the clock right before the
seven-year great tribulation. This is the last opportunity people have
to be saved and avoid what will soon follow.

If you want to be saved, seek the truth. Press in and pursue it, and
God Himself will bring it to you. He'll use men and women like me for
confirmation and information, but it will be Him moving on the inside
drawing you to His Son, Jesus Christ, that will be your salvation. Not
by me, not by any man, but only by God Himself.

I urge you with everything in me to stop teaching false things you don't
know about, but only think you know about, so that you will stop
condemning yourself, and stop having the punishment of those who hear
your words and think they are reasonable and begin following them heaped
upon your own head, and not just theirs as they depart in their error,
which stems from your error.

God wants to forgive people.
He wants to teach them all things.
He wants to lead us into all truth.
He has a future planned for us.
He has a present opportunity to serve Him and truth in this wanton world.

God has not left us abandoned. People must consciously turn their back
on God to keep Him away because He stands at the door and knocks. It is
a constant beckoning. A voice always saying, "Come to me, all you who
are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest for your soul."

He seeks to save everyone. Lift up your thoughts to see that, Daniel.
Lift up your eyes to Heaven and seek to learn, not to condemn or judge
God based on the enemy's lies guiding your thinking into false things
about God. Seek the truth and let God Himself correct your false
thinking so that you do know the truth, and will be saved.
Rick C. Hodgin
Mr Flibble
2020-12-26 17:09:26 UTC
Post by ***@gmail.com
Post by ***@gmail.com
[...]
Can't you fucking read? Can't you fucking comprehend simple English? Daniel said the Garden of Eden was NEVER described as SINLESS. Pay more attention to what people actually write before replying, spammer.

/Flibble
😎
Rick C. Hodgin
2020-12-27 00:28:56 UTC
Post by Mr Flibble
Daniel said the Garden of Eden was NEVER described as SINLESS. Pay more
attention to what people actually write before replying, spammer.
The fall of man was from sin, Leigh. Sin did exist in the world until
Satan came down and tempted Eve, and Eve and Adam did eat from the tree
of the knowledge of good and evil.

I've reached out to you many times, Leigh. I've tried to teach you,
correct you, guide you with the truth of scripture. I've pointed you to
His words, not mine. I've pointed you to other pastors and teachers.
I've posted videos. Even my own audio describing the spiritual battle.

TL;DR is your reply, coupled profanity, vulgarity, and not even a decent
respect for another fellow human being with whom you happen to disagree.

You also pound these forums up and down with your incessant profanity
and vulgarity and rudeness and hate and meanness and just every awful
quality and trait found in a human being. And by your twisted and
psychotic logic you think such an attack against people you've never
even met, people with families, people who are parents, siblings,
spouses, just general people on this Earth, is somehow acceptable.

You are so blind, Leigh. So misguided. So lost. So unbelievably off
the mark.

There's nothing I can do to reach you, Leigh. Until you're willing to
change you'll remain where you are on the path to Hell.

If that's truly what you want, that's truly what you'll get.
Rick C. Hodgin
Rick C. Hodgin
Rick C. Hodgin
Mr Flibble
2020-12-27 15:13:12 UTC
You are so blind, Leigh.  So misguided.  So lost.  So unbelievably off the mark.
And Satan invented fossils, yes?

/Flibble
😎
daniel...@gmail.com
2020-12-26 19:41:10 UTC
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Post by ***@gmail.com
Post by ***@gmail.com
Rick, you really need to expose yourself to modern biblical scholarship :-)
There is no mention in the Genesis story of the fall of man, and life
in the Garden of Eden is never described as a sinless existence. These
were elements introduced later by ancient interpreters.
If you want to know the truth ...
There's no devil in the Genesis story either, just a talking serpent. You
need to read more.
I now raise my voice to correct your misleading and misguided posts so
that any harm you would seek to do will be shown for what it is: lies,
and misunderstandings.
The main elements in the story are

- Adam and Eve live in a Garden where all the food can be
picked from trees. They walk around naked.

- God, who is present in the Garden, tells them that they can
eat from all the trees except the Tree of Knowing Everything.

- A wise talking serpent encourages Eve to disobey God and
eat from the forbidden tree, that by doing so they will acquire
knowledge.

- Adam and Eve do so, and acquire knowledge. For their
disobedience, they are punished by God. Henceforth,
childbirth will be painful,
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy
sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring
forth children
and Adam and his descendants will have to work hard as
farmers,
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, .
later on in scripture ...
Later on in scripture other elements are introduced into
the Genesis story by ancient interpreters, elements that are not
present in the story itself.

There is nothing in the story that suggests "the fall of man".
There is nothing in the story that suggests any connection
between the serpent and Satan. Serpents in ancient Near East
mythology were often seen as the embodiment of wisdom,
and the serpent in the story appears to be no different,
being described as cleverer than other animals.

Daniel
Rick C. Hodgin
2020-12-26 19:43:15 UTC
Rick C. Hodgin
daniel...@gmail.com
2020-12-26 20:00:26 UTC
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Post by ***@gmail.com
There is nothing in the story that suggests "the fall of man".
Or that see things that aren't there :-)

Best regards,
Daniel
Rick C. Hodgin
2020-12-26 21:13:52 UTC
Post by ***@gmail.com
Or that see things that aren't there :-)
Daniel, the enemy has you summarily rejecting the later revelations of
God in the New Testament, which augment the earlier revelations given to
us through the Old Testament.

The Old Testament was pre-Pentecost. It was a rigorous legal system.
The New Testament is post-Pentecost. It is of the spirit, an inner
guiding that aligns with the Old Testament in many ways, but because
Jesus has now taken away sin, it's different than the Law of Moses.

Because the enemy teaches you something like the later authors of the
Bible are not true, it makes it possible for you to discount their
teachings. But that enemy's guidance is wrong. God's guidance for man
has been a continual revelation for the time. Before Pentecost, only
the Law of Moses. After Pentecost, things of spirit.

Romans 5:12 KJV
12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world,
and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men,
for that all have sinned:

Adam sinned, and death entered into the entire world by His one sin. We
each sin, but we also each carry His sin debt, which is our spirit is
dead. He died spiritually when He ate from the tree of the knowledge of
good and evil, and every child that came from his loins was flesh-only
then, not of the spirit.

Jesus came to take our sin away so that we would be able to be set free
from sin, which makes our sin debt go away, which makes our spirit come
alive, which restores us to what we were before the fall of man.

As long as you hold on to the enemy's teaching that the later authors of
the Bible are not real authors, or that the later interpretations that
are traditionally held since the time of Christ are not real, you will
be able to discount the teachings on those merits. But the truth is
those merits are not truth. They're false. It's like you're going past
a division-by-zero or something. It seems to make sense, but the
division-by-zero invalidates it. In this case, it seems to make sense,
but because you're denying something that should be denied, it
invalidates your ability to conclude as you do.

If you want to know the truth, it's there.

If you want to hold on to to the lies, God will let you do so until you
die, at which time the truth will then assert itself and you're version
reality will be shown for what it is: falseness.

The choice is yours. I'm leading you to the truth. Peace.
Rick C. Hodgin
Mr Flibble
2020-12-26 21:31:52 UTC
[snipped usual garbage about sin, mostly tl;dr]

😎
daniel...@gmail.com
2020-12-26 22:53:54 UTC
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Post by ***@gmail.com
Or that see things that aren't there :-)
Daniel, the enemy has you summarily rejecting the later revelations
Rick, you're thinking about the bible in the way that it used to be
understood, from the late biblical times through the middle ages.
But modern biblical scholarship has sought to correct this view.
The interpreters that shaped how you understand the bible were
interpreting things that happened long before their time, and were
putting a definite spin on more ancient texts to try to make them
relevant to their own day. This is clearly seen in the later interpretations
of the Genesis story, there is no mention of "the fall of man" or of
Satan in the story itself. I would encourage you to explore some
of the works of contemporary biblical scholars, I would
particularly recommend James Kugel's "Early Biblical Interpretation"
and "Traditions of the Bible: A Guide to the Bible As It Was at the Start
of the Common Era."

Best regards,
Daniel
Rick C. Hodgin
2020-12-27 00:20:16 UTC
Post by ***@gmail.com
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Daniel, the enemy has you summarily rejecting the later revelations
Rick, you're thinking about the bible in the way that it used to be
understood, from the late biblical times through the middle ages.
Daniel, you are very misguided. I'm sorry. I've told you the truth.
It's all I have to offer you, except the warning: You are wrong about
the things you raise your voice to teach about scripture and you are
doing harm both to others and yourself. I advise you to stop.

If you have something to teach, then reach into your vast knowledge and
understanding and expound in a way that teaches people. So far you have
not taught anything. You've offered a completely contrary opinion to
traditional Biblical teaching that's still upheld today in the vast
overwhelming majority of everything related to Christianity, and your
opinion has been disproven by Bible verses which correct your mis-teachings.

You do not have a new understanding. You have an enemy who is leading
you falsely. It will cost you everything if you pursue it.
Rick C. Hodgin
daniel...@gmail.com
2020-12-27 00:40:10 UTC
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Post by ***@gmail.com
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Daniel, the enemy has you summarily rejecting the later revelations
Rick, you're thinking about the bible in the way that it used to be
understood, from the late biblical times through the middle ages.
You've offered a completely contrary opinion to
traditional Biblical teaching
But totally in accord with modern biblical scholarship. That's the
consequence of eating from the Tree of Knowing Everything.

Be well,
Daniel
Rick C. Hodgin
2020-12-27 00:53:00 UTC
Post by ***@gmail.com
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
You've offered a completely contrary opinion to
traditional Biblical teaching
But totally in accord with modern biblical scholarship. That's the
consequence of eating from the Tree of Knowing Everything.
There's another warning for you given in scripture. It's a warning
given to Timothy by Paul. It speaks about the time we are in now:

2 Timothy 4:3-4

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2+Timothy+4%3A3-4&version=KJV;NIV

3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound
doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to
themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and
shall be turned unto fables.

That is you, Daniel.

I'm teaching you something here: There is a literal enemy evil spirit
at work in this world. That spirit is (or rather those spirits are)
able to enter in to your physical body, impact your mind, your
reasoning, your thinking, your feelings, your emotions. It trains you
over time. It injects your substance with everything it wants you to
believe so that you will remain in your sin, so that it will 1) have a
host / home to dwell in (since it can only come out in spirit form due
to its body being locked up in chains by God awaiting the day of
judgment) and 2) to keep you in sin so that you will perish in eternity
after leaving this world, like its sorry self will.

That evil spirit guidance is what's putting you on this path. It
presents to each of us something that we'll follow. It hits us where
we're weakest. It looks for our vulnerabilities, things we'll believe
in, things we'll succumb to.

If you'd like to be set free, ask God Almighty to show you the truth.
If you are sincere in wanting to know the truth and seek the truth and
to not be deceived by any false voice, then God Himself will know this,
and He Himself will come to you and set you free from the falseness.

Salvation comes to those who seek the truth. I sought the truth to
disprove the Bible. I wanted to truly know what it said wholly,
completely, so I could dismantle its teachings piece by piece because I
was sure I was right in my atheism. But in my sincerely seeking the
truth, God came to me and saved me before I even knew what happened.
That was 16+ years ago, and He remains with me to this day.

There is head-knowledge, and there is the new spirit birth.
Head-knowledge is the path of death if it is only head-knowledge. But
head-knowledge coupled to the new spirit birth is the path of salvation.

Read John 3 and listen to Jesus' words about how you must be born again.
Rick C. Hodgin
Keith Thompson
2020-12-27 09:15:39 UTC
Post by ***@gmail.com
Or that see things that aren't there :-)
Daniel, [snip]
Rick, [snip]
Daniel, should I ask you to stop feeding the troll, or should I just
assume you're another one? If it's not about C++, it doesn't belong
here.
--
Keith Thompson (The_Other_Keith) Keith.S.Thompson+***@gmail.com
Working, but not speaking, for Philips Healthcare
Kaz Kylheku
2020-12-25 20:11:53 UTC
Many people have forgotten that people engaged in seasonal festivities,
which were then hijacked by Christianity.

Those festivities were here first.
Kenny McCormack
2020-12-25 20:20:07 UTC
Post by Kaz Kylheku
Many people have forgotten that people engaged in seasonal festivities,
which were then hijacked by Christianity.
Those festivities were here first.
That is all completely over pinhead Ricky's pin-sized head.

Everything about Christianity is fake (manufactured), but again, Ricky just
doesn't possess the brain power to be able to see this.
--
Modern Conservative: Someone who can take time out from flashing her
wedding ring around and bragging about her honeymoon to complain that a
"flauting her sexuality" and "forcing her lifestyle down our throats".
Juha Nieminen
2020-12-28 07:59:24 UTC
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Many have forgotten the true meaning of CHRISTmas.
For a Christian religious zealot you seem to be almost hilariously unaware
of how unbiblical and pagan Christmas is.

For starters, there is no such holyday in the Bible. There is no command or
recommendation anywhere in the Bible for Christians (or anybody) to yearly
celebrate the birth of Jesus, and there isn't a single example of eg. the
apostles, Paul, or anybody else doing so or even saying anything of the
sort. It's not a biblical holyday or celebration.

Secondly, the origins of Christmas are purely pagan. It was not a holyday
that the Roman Church came up with out of thin air. It was an adaptation of
several existing pagan festivities that celebrated the winter solstice,
most prominently the Roman festival of Saturnalia (a name that persists to
this day as the "Merry Christmas" in Latin, announced eg. by the Pope).
The Church of Rome simply took the pagan festivity and assigned it a new
meaning.

Christmas itself is full of pagan traditions. Most prominently, the
decoration of a tree has its origins in pagan religions. You, of all people,
should know what the Bible says about following pagan religions and
following their practices. Even the worship of trees is mentioned in
the Bible directly.

Moreover, there's absolutely no reason to believe that Jesus was born
in December at all (clues in the story would indicate that he was born
in fall, probably somewhere around the feast of sukkot).

If you really want to find out the origins of Christmas, look up info
on Saturnalia.
Chris M. Thomasson
2020-12-28 08:25:29 UTC
Post by Juha Nieminen
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
[...]
Easter is pagan as well... Worshiping the rabbits, and rolling/hiding
the eggs. As if bowing down to some sort of god of fertility.
Rick C. Hodgin
2020-12-28 13:39:57 UTC
Post by Chris M. Thomasson
Easter is pagan as well... Worshiping the rabbits, and rolling/hiding
the eggs. As if bowing down to some sort of god of fertility.
Easter is the celebration of our Lord rising from the dead. Christians
celebrate Easter, or rather "Resurrection Day" as many churches and
Christians call it, because on that day He was proven by God to be the
Christ, the Messiah, the Savior of all mankind by raising from the dead.
And all who put their faith and trust and hope in Him will rise with
Him on the final day.

Having a get-together where kids search after Easter eggs or anything
else is a tradition, an even to do. No Christian celebrates Easter for
those reasons alone.

Until you have a relationship with Jesus Christ, one that is of the
spirit, one that is daily and ongoing, you'll never know what it's like
to walk with Christ. It would be like a blind man not knowing what it's
like to actually see. But the day his eyes start working, then he knows
what it's like to see.

For those born again, it is like that.

There's a reason why these words were written in the song Amazing Grace:

"I once was lost, but now am found.
Was blind, but now I see."

It's a new birth. A new existence. The old man dies, the new man is
born. Everything changes when you come to Christ.
Rick C. Hodgin
Chris M. Thomasson
2020-12-29 02:18:29 UTC
Post by Chris M. Thomasson
Easter is pagan as well... Worshiping the rabbits, and rolling/hiding
the eggs. As if bowing down to some sort of god of fertility.
Easter is the celebration of our Lord rising from the dead.  Christians
celebrate Easter, or rather "Resurrection Day" as many churches and
Christians call it, because on that day He was proven by God to be the
Christ, the Messiah, the Savior of all mankind by raising from the dead.
 And all who put their faith and trust and hope in Him will rise with
Him on the final day.
Having a get-together where kids search after Easter eggs or anything
else is a tradition, an even to do.
Nope. Easter is pagan. Worshiping a fertility god.

Mr Flibble
2020-12-29 02:32:20 UTC
Post by Chris M. Thomasson
[...]
The name was adopted for the Christian Paschal festival from Old English "eastre" a heathen festival held at the vernal equinox in honour of Eastre, a Germanic goddess of the dawn.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C4%92ostre

/Flibble
😎
Chris M. Thomasson
2020-12-29 02:43:58 UTC
Post by Mr Flibble
Post by Chris M. Thomasson
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
those reasons alone.
Until you have a relationship with Jesus Christ, one that is of the
spirit, one that is daily and ongoing, you'll never know what it's
like to walk with Christ.  It would be like a blind man not knowing
what it's like to actually see.  But the day his eyes start working,
then he knows what it's like to see.
For those born again, it is like that.
     "I once was lost, but now am found.
      Was blind, but now I see."
It's a new birth.  A new existence.  The old man dies, the new man is
born.  Everything changes when you come to Christ.
The name was adopted for the Christian Paschal festival from Old English
"eastre" a heathen festival held at the vernal equinox in honour of
Eastre, a Germanic goddess of the dawn.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C4%92ostre
I remember hearing about the worship of rabbits and eggs, since rabbits
reproduce so quickly, to a fertility goddess.
Rick C. Hodgin
2020-12-29 02:43:11 UTC
Post by Chris M. Thomasson
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Post by Chris M. Thomasson
Easter is pagan as well... Worshiping the rabbits, and rolling/hiding
the eggs. As if bowing down to some sort of god of fertility.
Easter is the celebration of our Lord rising from the dead.
Christians celebrate Easter, or rather "Resurrection Day" as many
churches and Christians call it, because on that day He was proven by
God to be the Christ, the Messiah, the Savior of all mankind by
raising from the dead.   And all who put their faith and trust and
hope in Him will rise with Him on the final day.
Having a get-together where kids search after Easter eggs or anything
else is a tradition, an even to do.
Nope. Easter is pagan. Worshiping a fertility god.
If all you know is the flesh, that's all you can know, Chris.

Until you seek the truth for real, and Jesus comes to you and saves you,
you'll never know what I'm talking about, because the flesh cannot know
spiritual matters.

You cite something pagan, even if it has such roots, that's not what's
celebrated today. Over time it's morphed into something else to the
point where people today don't have any idea about what that root may
have been. Today, they gather to celebrate the resurrection of our Lord
and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Easter Sunday, or Resurrection Day, follows Good Friday, the day our
Lord was crucified.

It has nothing to to do with paganism. And your inability to see it
does not change that fact. You and Leigh both, and many others like
you, who will not seek the truth, and therefore operate apart from it.
Rick C. Hodgin
Chris M. Thomasson
Rabbits and eggs have nothing to do with Christianity.
Mr Flibble
2020-12-29 03:07:58 UTC
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Post by Chris M. Thomasson
[...]
Eventually people like me and Chris will become the majority and Christianity will die out; I imagine Islam will take over from Christianity but Islam will too also die out eventually; atheism and agnosticism will win through in the end.

/Flibble
😎
Chris M. Thomasson
2020-12-29 04:59:39 UTC
Post by Mr Flibble
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Post by Chris M. Thomasson
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Post by Chris M. Thomasson
[...]
I am mostly liberal, then again I have some points... Conservative in
certain aspects. Math is one of them. Fractals are created using math
and I have a glitch when somebody says fractals are god. Well, okay, but
whatever, peace be with you forevermore, lets nerd out! For instance,
watch this when you are in the mood, so to speak:

This guy tries to make fractals all about God! Why? I don't know. Are
fractals a secret code into nature? Perhaps... I do not know if a God is
involved.
Rick C. Hodgin
2020-12-29 05:02:33 UTC
Post by Mr Flibble
Eventually people like me and Chris will become the majority and
Christianity will die out;
It won't die out. The Rapture will occur, and what remains is a world
free from God's Holy Spirit, and the spirit-filled believers who were
taken in the Rapture.

You have no idea what's coming on the Earth because you absolutely
refuse up one side and down the other to hear the truth.

I wish I knew how to reach you, Leigh, and others like you. You could
all be spared from what's coming.
Rick C. Hodgin
Chris M. Thomasson
2020-12-29 05:16:30 UTC
Post by Mr Flibble
Eventually people like me and Chris will become the majority and
Christianity will die out;
It won't die out.  The Rapture will occur,
How will we know? When you stop posting for several years?
Chris M. Thomasson
;^)
Mr Flibble
2020-12-29 13:03:06 UTC
Post by Mr Flibble
Eventually people like me and Chris will become the majority and Christianity will die out;
It won't die out.  The Rapture will occur, and what remains is a world free from God's Holy Spirit, and the spirit-filled believers who were taken in the Rapture.
You have no idea what's coming on the Earth because you absolutely refuse up one side and down the other to hear the truth.
I wish I knew how to reach you, Leigh, and others like you.  You could all be spared from what's coming.
The Rapture won't happen which is just another reason why Christianity will die out: most Christians will come to realize that it is just a scam leaving just the nutters such as yourself ranting on street corners holding up signs saying "The End Is Nigh".

/Flibble
😎
Rick C. Hodgin
2020-12-29 14:29:44 UTC
Post by Mr Flibble
Post by Mr Flibble
Eventually people like me and Chris will become the majority and
Christianity will die out;
It won't die out.  The Rapture will occur, and what remains is a world
free from God's Holy Spirit, and the spirit-filled believers who were
taken in the Rapture.
You have no idea what's coming on the Earth because you absolutely
refuse up one side and down the other to hear the truth.
I wish I knew how to reach you, Leigh, and others like you.  You could
all be spared from what's coming.
The Rapture won't happen which is just another reason why Christianity
will die out: most Christians will come to realize that it is just a
scam leaving just the nutters such as yourself ranting on street corners
holding up signs saying "The End Is Nigh".
It's possible that's why we're having world-wide lock-downs right now.
No one knows when the rapture will occur, only the season.

It would be far more easy for the anti-Christ spirit to explain away
small groups of people being "transported away" by the Galactic
Federation that we've just been told about, than it would to have entire
football stadiums and arenas filled with 10s of thousands of people to
have a large percentage to suddenly vanish on camera live on television.

In any event, after the Rapture happens, don't listen to the lies the
anti-Christ spirit will say about what just happened. It was the
Rapture. It was Jesus calling His people to Him in the clouds. It is
the beginning of the seven-year great tribulation. And your need to be
forgiven by Jesus and saved still remains.
Rick C. Hodgin
s***@isnotyourbuddy.co.uk
You really need to lay off the weed.
Rick C. Hodgin
2020-12-29 15:31:02 UTC
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
It's possible that's why we're having world-wide lock-downs right now.
No one knows when the rapture will occur, only the season.
It would be far more easy for the anti-Christ spirit to explain away
small groups of people being "transported away" by the Galactic
Federation that we've just been told about, than it would to have entire
football stadiums and arenas filled with 10s of thousands of people to
have a large percentage to suddenly vanish on camera live on television.
In any event, after the Rapture happens, don't listen to the lies the
anti-Christ spirit will say about what just happened. It was the
Rapture. It was Jesus calling His people to Him in the clouds. It is
the beginning of the seven-year great tribulation. And your need to be
forgiven by Jesus and saved still remains.
You really need to lay off the weed.
I've never done any drugs in my life, except I did drink alcohol in my
youth. Not a lot, but socially.

Here's a prediction for you: "No, no, no. This sucker's electrical,
but I need a nuclear reaction to generate the 1.21 Gigawatts of
electricity I need." Doc Emmet Brown on his flux capacitor-driven
Delorian time machine.

So, the 1.21 is not 1.21 Gigawatts. It's code for January 2021, or
possibly even January 21, 2021. But regardless, there are dark powers
and forces at work in power now who are setting up some kind of nuclear
event for next month. What will it be? I don't know. Possibly
something related to the U.S. election fraud. Possibly something else
entirely.

But keep your eyes pealed. Something major is coming, and it will
likely be in January of 2021.
Rick C. Hodgin
Mr Flibble
2020-12-29 15:46:39 UTC
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
[...]
Have you given all your money away to charity yet because the Rapture is due soon (again)? Prove how strong your faith really is, spammer, or do you just talk the talk without walking the walk?

/Flibble
😎
Rick C. Hodgin
2020-12-29 15:51:59 UTC
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
[...]
No man knows the day or the hour, Leigh. Only the season. People have
thought the rapture was coming for centuries. They were wrong. I could
be wrong.

I think the Lord knew we would do this (think of the days it could
occur), and He never told us when it was, so that we are always on
guard, always at the ready, always teaching others.

We are to continue on in this world as though it will continue on, doing
our best, being upright, honest, sincere, helpful, loving, caring,
teaching, guiding... all the traits of a proper spirit-led Christian.

It's why I reach out to you, Leigh.

I think you and I could be friends were it not for this chasm between
us. I actually like you, despite your rudeness and profanity to me,
because I can look past that and realize the source it come from. I can
see the creative genius man you are on the inside. I think we are more
alike than unalike to be honest. I hope someday to call you my
brother-in-Christ.
Rick C. Hodgin
Mr Flibble
2020-12-29 15:55:28 UTC
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
[...]
So your answer is that you just talk the talk without walking the walk. Your faith is just as feeble as the god you claim to have faith in.

/Flibble
😎
Rick C. Hodgin
2020-12-29 16:02:02 UTC
Post by Mr Flibble
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
[...]
My answer is I walk the only walk we're commanded to walk: To always be
ready, but to proceed daily as thought the Rapture will occur at any
time, but possibly not today.

I actually saw a very compelling video the other day stating that the
former time I thought the rapture would occur (September 23, 2017),
which was a convergence of literally about 40 separate Biblical,
astronomical, and Jewish timings, was actually the beginning of a seven
year period which is "the last trump" spoken of by Paul regarding the
rapture. If true, the rapture would occur in 2024 sometime, and
probably after the second solar eclipse to go all the way across the
United States, completing the giant X. That event occurs on April 8,
2024, and the day of Pentecost is May 19, 2024 which is 41 days later,
or 40 days if you consider the time in Jerusalem.

These patterns emerge and they cause "watchmen" (like me and others who
are devout Christians) to see the possibilities.

We don't have full knowledge of the day or hour though, so it's all
speculation. The only ongoing call is to be ready, to be watchful, and
to consistently warn others, brothers and sisters in Christ yes, but
also the people of this world.
Rick C. Hodgin
seeplus
2020-12-29 23:37:27 UTC
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
I actually saw a very compelling video the other day stating that the
former time I thought the rapture would occur (September 23, 2017),
which was a convergence of literally about 40 separate Biblical,
astronomical, and Jewish timings, was actually the beginning of a seven
year period which is "the last trump" spoken of by Paul regarding the
rapture. If true, the rapture would occur in 2024 sometime, and
probably after the second solar eclipse to go all the way across the
United States, completing the giant X. That event occurs on April 8,
2024, and the day of Pentecost is May 19, 2024 which is 41 days later,
or 40 days if you consider the time in Jerusalem.
/*A lot of forecasters seem to slap Marilyn Monroe's birthday into the mix.*/

if ((RapDate - guess) == 260601)//Marilyn
{
GiveMeAllYourStuff();
}

Why are you ignoring this very sage advice, just as good as what you are coming up with.
Worth a try.
Rick C. Hodgin
2020-12-30 00:27:14 UTC
Post by seeplus
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
[...]
Was never a Marilyn Monroe fan. There was no one from those eras that I
was really a fan of. I did like a few actors for their acting ability,
but not for their appearance or lifestyles or anything like that.

The defense attorney from The Cain Mutiny (Jose Ferrer). The British
agent in Ice Station Zebra (Patrick McGoohan). The female computer
genius from Desk Set (Katharine Hepburn). Things like that.

Marilyn Monroe ... no. Give me brains and talent over outward beauty
and charm any time.

I liked Alec Baldwin's character and performance in The Hunt For Red
October. I really liked Harrison Ford's performance in The Mosquito
Coast. I thought William Daniels was absolutely brilliant in 1776.
Probably my favorite acting in anything big or small screen.

I like substance. Thought-provoking. I also like old farm machinery
videos. So, go figure. LOL I'm an enigma.
Rick C. Hodgin
Chris M. Thomasson
As a thief in the night!
Bo Persson
2020-12-29 22:51:34 UTC
Here's a prediction for you:  "No, no, no.  This sucker's electrical,
but I need a nuclear reaction to generate the 1.21 Gigawatts of
electricity I need."  Doc Emmet Brown on his flux capacitor-driven
Delorian time machine.
So, the 1.21 is not 1.21 Gigawatts.  It's code for January 2021, or
possibly even January 21, 2021.  But regardless, there are dark powers
and forces at work in power now who are setting up some kind of
nuclear event for next month.  What will it be?  I don't know.
Possibly something related to the U.S. election fraud.  Possibly
something else entirely.
But keep your eyes pealed.  Something major is coming, and it will
likely be in January of 2021.
You really should try some date further into the future, otherwise the
failure will be obvious already in February.

Here are about 50 other predictions, of which at least 43 were
apparently incorrect:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Predictions_and_claims_for_the_Second_Coming_of_Christ

I bet that in about 2 days the 2020 prediction will also turn out to be
wrong. But I'm just guessing.
Rick C. Hodgin
2020-12-30 00:16:40 UTC
Post by Bo Persson
[...]
[snip...]wiki/Predictions_and_claims_for_the_Second_Coming_of_Christ
My January 2021 prediction is the Rapture. It could be the Rapture, but
I don't think so. I think that will come by May 14 of this year due to
the timing of Israel becoming a nation again in 1948, and the length of
a generation being 70 or 80 years. 70 years would've been 2018. 80
years would be 2028. If you back off 7 years for the seven year great
tribulation, then it would be sometime between now and May 14, 2021.
But, even that's pure speculation. It could be wrong.

My January 2021 prediction is something world-changing. A "nuclear
reaction" in the metaphoric sense. And, given the seemingly random
attacks which have been taking place (Nashville bombing, people now
without natural gas heat in Colorado due to a presumed intentional act
as well), it may not be metaphoric, or if it is it may be much closer to
not being metaphoric than being metaphoric.

The Back To The Future movies have some things that bear witness. A
future with Biff looking a lot like Trump, even having Biff Towers. A
city landscape of crime everywhere, police spread thin and largely
defenseless against the crime waves, people terrified in their homes.
And finally, it goes back to a pre-technology state in 1880s style.

Translate that into a telegraphing of global elite planning and indirect
bragging / being arrogant about the surety of their goals, and it means
basically this: In 1985 it was known what would happen in 2015 and
after. It would be what we're seeing happen to America now. A
criminalization of our society, letting felons out of jail, the sexual
predators as they're letting out in California now, the destruction of
our societies and small businesses. When you factor in other things
that mention this timeframe (Star Trek: The Original Series Mirror
Mirror, Spock is questioned by Kirk about the illogic of his supporting
an empire that cannot endure, as Spock predicts it will fall in
approximately 240 years, about the age of the U.S. now; and also on Star
Trek: Deep Space Nine episode Past Tense, where Dax, Bashir and Sisko
get transported back in time to August 30, 2024, when there are
Sanctuary Districts in every major city), and when you recognize that
the "88 mph" trigger for the time machine to engage was not actually 88
mph, but was a trigger for the year 1988 and Bush, Sr.'s "New World
Order" movement ... it all adds up to ... a possibility. A possibility
that all of what we're seeing has been planned for a long time, and that
it's in motion right now and we're actually seeing the end-game result
of their efforts which I, as a Christian, believe is part of the
transformation required to bring in the one world government prophesied
in Revelation, that no one may buy or sell unless they have the mark,
which it's looking more and more like people will accept due to things
like a virus vaccination. "No mask no service" is the motto of many
places of business now. How long until "No vaccine no service?" Or how
long until banks will not let you have an account with them unless you
are vaccinated? And what about the next strain of virus? The Bible
states that all people world-wide will be forced to take a mark at some
point. Bill Gates has patented Quantum Dot technology which puts a
mark, a tattoo with ink that's only visible under special light. It has
information about your vaccinations embedded within it.

I don't know. Something's coming. Something major will happen in
January, 2021. That's my prediction. What it is? I don't know. Could
be the Rapture. I don't think so. I think instead it will be something
completely transformative for the United States, and therefore
ultimately America because as the U.S. goes so goes the world in most
respects ... so whatever's coming is coming.

You have strong evidence, widespread evidence, video evidence, sworn
affidavit evidence under penalty of purjery, of voter fraud in this
presidential election. You have significant gains for the Republic
Party nation-wide in all state elections, in the federal Congress, yet
the presidential race was lost?

There's enough suspicion regardless of who you think won or who you want
to win that if it was discovered there was truly widespread voter fraud,
the people in this nation would rise up on the left. They wouldn't
accept it. They'd say Trump is trying to steal the election. And you
have to admit, there is an incredible machine operating wholly against
any idea of the notion that there was voter fraud. Twitter, Facebook,
YouTube, all banning people, flagging videos, stating they will actually
take down videos on YouTube that even mention or discuss voter fraud. I
mean seriously? What 1984 book are we living in?

And if Biden is elected fairly, the significant signs of voter fraud
that are on video, that are under the sworn affidavit testimonies, that
align with extremely atypical and non-statistical huge data dumps of
votes that go 99.9% to Biden, and 0.1% to Trump, in the middle of the
night, on voting machines where it's been demonstrated by security
experts that the votes can be changed in real-time ... that will cause
the right to rise up and not accept Biden's presidency.

Whatever way it goes, January 2021 has the earmarks already. And that's
without even considering such things as the "1.21 Gigawatts" not being
Gigawatts, but really being a 1/21 (Jan/2021) date.

I truly believe this has all been engineered. A virus that has a 99%+
survival rate based on estimates of the actual number of people who have
had it and never experienced any symptoms, and all of our freedoms are
being taken away, we're forced into lockdown, forced into our homes,
forced to stop gathering in large groups, forced to not have certain
businesses in operation that aren't deemed essential, etc. All of that
has me believing it could be the Rapture because it's far easier to
explain away people disappearing when you didn't actually see 10s of
thousands gathered together at various events world-wide all disappear
simultaneously on camera before everyone's eyes.

But even so, all of it is pure and total speculation. It's connecting
possible dots, but there's no way to know until it happens, which is
what I think those who are engineering all of this are counting on.

"When a machination is suspected, it's almost never real. And when it
is real, it's almost never suspected." Conspiracy, TNG season 1 episode.
Post by Bo Persson
I bet that in about 2 days the 2020 prediction will also turn out to be
wrong. But I'm just guessing.
The day's coming. No one knows when, but we only know the season.
Prophetically speaking, there's nothing else in scripture that has to be
fulfilled. Jesus went to the cross sometime in the late 2020s. No one
knows the exact date and there's debate on when it was. Judging by
Israel becoming a nation again in one day (an Old Testament Prophecy, by
the way) in 1948, and then doing the math for the length of a
generation, we're in the sweet spot.

This week, next? This month, next? This year, next? Nobody knows.
But we are in the season. So repent, ask Jesus to forgive your sin, get
ready, because after the Rapture darkness will sweep across the world
like you've never seen. And toward the end of the seven years people
will be longing to die, but death will elude them. That's a teaching in
Revelation. People will have shot themselves, poisoned themselves,
electrocuted themselves, hanged themselves, in an attempt to die, but
they won't die. Their spirit will still be in their then-rotting flesh
bodies.

It's awful what's coming. It's why I keep teaching that we have sin, we
need to be forgiven, Jesus is the one to forgive us, and it's free just
for the asking and believing that He has the power to save.

It's all there, Bo. It's unprovable, but there are signs and times.
And you can look easily into your own life to see if you have sin or
not. And you can learn about Jesus (whose name means "God who saves,"
by the way) to see why He came to the Earth as He did. He did it for
you, and me, and everyone who will believe.
Rick C. Hodgin
Rick C. Hodgin
2020-12-30 00:28:39 UTC
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Post by Bo Persson
[snip...]wiki/Predictions_and_claims_for_the_Second_Coming_of_Christ
My January 2021 prediction is the Rapture.
Should read "is NOT the Rapture."
^^^
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
It could be the Rapture, but
I don't think so.
Rick C. Hodgin
Mr Flibble
2020-12-30 02:43:07 UTC
[snip: tl;dr]

😎
Rick C. Hodgin
2020-12-30 03:27:39 UTC
Post by Mr Flibble
And Satan invented fossils, yes?
Well, he did invent your use of them, as in asking this question
dismissively ad nauseum in reply to my posts thinking all the while
you're getting some one up on me, which you aren't.

Satan's deceiving you, and you're willingly being deceived by him.

That's the part which makes me sad because it doesn't have to be like
that. The voice of truth speaks aloud to each of us, it's just that
some choose to ignore it and purposefully won't listen.
Rick C. Hodgin
Chris M. Thomasson
2020-12-30 05:30:23 UTC
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Post by Mr Flibble
And Satan invented fossils, yes?
Well, he did invent your use of them, as in asking this question
dismissively ad nauseum in reply to my posts thinking all the while
you're getting some one up on me, which you aren't.
Satan's deceiving you,
You as a Human thinks that... But Satan is brutally deceiving you! ;^)
Chris M. Thomasson
2020-12-30 05:31:09 UTC
Post by Chris M. Thomasson
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Post by Mr Flibble
And Satan invented fossils, yes?
Well, he did invent your use of them, as in asking this question
dismissively ad nauseum in reply to my posts thinking all the while
you're getting some one up on me, which you aren't.
Satan's deceiving you,
You as a Human thinks that... But Satan is brutally deceiving you! ;^)
God is infinite. Only the Devil makes you think of finite wrt GOD!

;^)
Mr Flibble

😎
s***@isnotyourbuddy.co.uk
2020-12-30 15:56:05 UTC
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Satan's deceiving you, and you're willingly being deceived by him.
That's the part which makes me sad because it doesn't have to be like
that.  The voice of truth speaks aloud to each of us, it's just that some
choose to ignore it and purposefully won't listen.
And Satan invented fossils, yes?
No no no! Thats God testing our faith to see whether we believe The Truth no
matter what contrary evidence! Isn't that right Rick?
Rick C. Hodgin
2020-12-30 18:50:10 UTC
Post by s***@isnotyourbuddy.co.uk
No no no! Thats God testing our faith to see whether we believe The Truth no
matter what contrary evidence! Isn't that right Rick?
Fossils exist. They were laid down in the flood mostly. Some after.
Probably very few before.

The Biblical timeline is upheld when you research things to their
deepest revelations. Fish fossils atop the highest mountains. Layers
of dead things buried all over the Earth (from the flood). Dinosaurs
being wiped out due to their nature, which was different from warm
blooded creatures, with the fall of Lucifer, the Serpent, came all of
his reptiles and such creatures of stature.

Lucifer was the 5th Cherub. There are only 4 recorded in Heaven now,
and if you look at them, they each have four appearances: a man, a
lion, an eagle, and a calf. What's missing are the reptiles. That was
Lucifer, being as he's the serpent, or dragon (the word people used to
use before the word "dinosaur" was invented in the 1800s).

Everything in the Bible is witnessed here on Earth. There's just this
massive contrary teaching that's permeated our schools and textbooks and
pop culture and movies and everything else, and it gets in the way.

That was Satan's plan too, by the way, because he knows Jesus really
does set men free from the death of sin.

Those like Leigh refuse to open their eyes and seek the truth. And it
will cost them everything one day.
Rick C. Hodgin
Ian Collins
2020-12-30 20:09:50 UTC
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Post by s***@isnotyourbuddy.co.uk
No no no! Thats God testing our faith to see whether we believe The Truth no
matter what contrary evidence! Isn't that right Rick?
Fossils exist. They were laid down in the flood mostly. Some after.
Probably very few before.
Fossils exist. They were laid down millions of years ago. No credible
scientist denies this.

Open your eyes to the truth, look beyond your blinkered superstition and
crackpot YouTube videos.

Happy coding in 2021
Ian.
Rick C. Hodgin
2020-12-30 20:46:52 UTC
Post by s***@isnotyourbuddy.co.uk
No no no! Thats God testing our faith to see whether we believe The Truth no
matter what contrary evidence! Isn't that right Rick?
Fossils exist.  They were laid down in the flood mostly.  Some after.
Probably very few before.
Fossils exist.  They were laid down millions of years ago.  No credible
scientist denies this.
Scientists are now discovering soft tissue inside bones they allege are
65M years old. Blood vessels. Blood cells. Some cells have various
components still in tact.

It's not possible on scales beyond 1000s of years even under pristine
conditions.
Open your eyes to the truth, look beyond your blinkered superstition and
crackpot YouTube videos.
There are PhD scientists who believe in creation and explain what we see
in our various digs and findings from the Biblical viewpoint.
Everything aligns.
Happy coding in 2021
To you as well.
Rick C. Hodgin
Ian Collins
2020-12-30 22:20:22 UTC
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Post by s***@isnotyourbuddy.co.uk
No no no! Thats God testing our faith to see whether we believe The Truth no
matter what contrary evidence! Isn't that right Rick?
Fossils exist.  They were laid down in the flood mostly.  Some after.
Probably very few before.
Fossils exist.  They were laid down millions of years ago.  No credible
scientist denies this.
Scientists are now discovering soft tissue inside bones they allege are
65M years old. Blood vessels. Blood cells. Some cells have various
components still in tact.
It's not possible on scales beyond 1000s of years even under pristine
conditions.
That's all be debunked, even by the rational Christian scientist who
made the original discovery. For example:

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/dinosaur-shocker-115306469/

https://biologos.org/articles/soft-tissue-in-dinosaur-bones-what-does-the-evidence-really-say

https://letterstocreationists.wordpress.com/dinosaur-soft-tissue/
Ian.
Rick C. Hodgin
2020-12-30 23:31:22 UTC
Post by Ian Collins
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
[...]
It's not debunked. It's damaged controlled. They've made over 80
separate finds now that people started looking for soft tissue.

There's a war on for your mind. If you'll seek and follow the truth,
you'll see the truth because Jesus is truth and He'll come to you
teaching you all things you're able to receive.
Rick C. Hodgin
Ian Collins
2020-12-31 00:57:11 UTC
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Post by Ian Collins
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
[...]
The preservation mechanism is well understood
(https://www.earthmagazine.org/article/dinosaur-soft-tissues-preserved-polymers
and https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-019-51680-1).

Note that the nature paper is co-authoured by Mary Schweitzer, the
rational Christian scientist who made the original discovery. You
should read about her in order to understand her work and beliefs. A
good place to start is
https://thewell.intervarsity.org/voices/unlikely-paleontologist-interview-mary-schweitzer-part-1

Don't bother replying with dogma until you have read the articles and
papers I have linked, they may help to open your eyes.
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
There's a war on for your mind. If you'll seek and follow the truth,
Which I do. You are sounding more and more like a conspiracy theorist,
unwilling to believe any evidence that goes against your ideas. Ideas
which are based on eons old writing reinterpreted and translated by
goodness knows how many people down the years to drive their own agendas.

It is you who should open your mind to the wonders of the world revealed
by science.
Ian.
Rick C. Hodgin
2020-12-31 01:22:20 UTC
Post by Ian Collins
It's not debunked.  It's damaged controlled.  They've made over 80
separate finds now that people started looking for soft tissue.
Don't bother replying with dogma until you have read the articles and
papers I have linked, they may help to open your eyes.
There are Christians at Answers in Genesis who are PhD scientists,
geneticists. They publish regular videos and articles about the
scientific findings.

What you're seeing there is damage control. But, you'll find out soon
enough.
Post by Ian Collins
There's a war on for your mind.  If you'll seek and follow the truth,
Which I do.  You are sounding more and more like a conspiracy theorist,
unwilling to believe any evidence that goes against your ideas.  Ideas
which are based on eons old writing reinterpreted and translated by
goodness knows how many people down the years to drive their own agendas.
It is you who should open your mind to the wonders of the world revealed
by science.
I recognize an agenda. I also have more input regarding the nature of
our world than you accept. It doesn't come from "dogma" as you
pejoratively state. It comes from an application of science applied to
the teachings of the Bible applied to what we really see in our real world.

The two align perfectly.

The truth is coming out about these things, Ian. It's still being
suppressed in mainstream circles. It's still being suppressed when
there's big money involved, and of course the power over people's minds
for the truth. But it doesn't matter... the truth is coming out.

God is guiding His people to research and apply scientific methods to
what our scientific instruments teach us. And we're finding they align
with Biblical teaching perfectly, because God doesn't lie.
Rick C. Hodgin
Mr Flibble

😎
Mr Flibble
2020-12-30 22:27:49 UTC
Post by s***@isnotyourbuddy.co.uk
No no no! Thats God testing our faith to see whether we believe The Truth no
matter what contrary evidence! Isn't that right Rick?
Fossils exist.  They were laid down in the flood mostly.  Some after.
Probably very few before.
Fossils exist.  They were laid down millions of years ago.  No credible scientist denies this.
Scientists are now discovering soft tissue inside bones they allege are 65M years old.  Blood vessels.  Blood cells.  Some cells have various components still in tact.
FOREIGN CONTAMINATION UNRELATED TO THE FOSSIL ITSELF.

Fossils are not bones, fossils are mineral deposits (stone) and in the case of dinosaur fossils have been dated to millions of years old using radiometric dating.

/Flibble
😎
Rick C. Hodgin
2020-12-30 23:33:13 UTC
Post by Mr Flibble
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Post by s***@isnotyourbuddy.co.uk
No no no! Thats God testing our faith to see whether we believe The Truth no
matter what contrary evidence! Isn't that right Rick?
Fossils exist.  They were laid down in the flood mostly.  Some after.
Probably very few before.
Fossils exist.  They were laid down millions of years ago.  No
credible scientist denies this.
Scientists are now discovering soft tissue inside bones they allege
are 65M years old.  Blood vessels.  Blood cells.  Some cells have
various components still in tact.
FOREIGN CONTAMINATION UNRELATED TO THE FOSSIL ITSELF.
Fossils are not bones, fossils are mineral deposits (stone) and in the
case of dinosaur fossils have been dated to millions of years old using
radiometric dating.
Traditional science teaches what you're espousing here with your loud
voice. It's not true. We're also all going to find out soon enough
that the view of Pangaea we've all seen is not true either. And that
the gas giants are not gas giants.

The truth speaks, Leigh. There's an enemy of God trying very hard to
get everyone to stop seeking it.

Stop listening to that enemy. Start seeking the truth.
Rick C. Hodgin
Mr Flibble

😎
s***@grumpysods.com
2020-12-31 09:18:21 UTC
On Wed, 30 Dec 2020 15:46:52 -0500
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Post by Ian Collins
Open your eyes to the truth, look beyond your blinkered superstition and
crackpot YouTube videos.
There are PhD scientists who believe in creation and explain what we see
"Creation" is called the big bang. Though even that is looking like it
wasn't the beginning of everything, just this particular part of reality which
is part of something very much, possibly infinitely larger.

My personal opinion is that if we were presented with the actual Truth about
reality our evolved ape brains - even the smartest physicists - wouldn't be
able to comprehend it. Its been 100 years since quantum mechanics was
discovered and still no one can explain why or how, only what.
Chris M. Thomasson

The fish fossils on high mountains makes me think of plate tectonics.
Chris M. Thomasson
If it is the rapture, you will suddenly stop posting right?
daniel...@gmail.com
2020-12-30 14:14:28 UTC
darkness will sweep across the world ... people will be longing to die,
but death will elude them... People will have shot themselves, poisoned
themselves, electrocuted themselves, hanged themselves, in an attempt
to die, but they won't die. Their spirit will still be in their then-rotting flesh
bodies.
"But he loves you. He loves you. He loves you, and he needs money."

- George Carlin

"If you do not call that toll free number and do not write a cheque to Paula
White Ministries, you will never see sustainment in your life, and your
dream will die."

- Paula White
Rick C. Hodgin
2020-12-30 18:44:36 UTC
Post by ***@gmail.com
darkness will sweep across the world ... people will be longing to die,
but death will elude them... People will have shot themselves, poisoned
themselves, electrocuted themselves, hanged themselves, in an attempt
to die, but they won't die. Their spirit will still be in their then-rotting flesh
bodies.
"But he loves you. He loves you. He loves you, and he needs money."
- George Carlin
The enemy of God causes people who are not for/of Christ to rise up
claiming to be for/of Christ, so that people who only look at the
surface will see something negative, associate it with Christ, and then
discard the whole idea of Christianity based on those bad actors.

Jesus isn't like that. And for everyone who PRESSES IN to SEEK THE
TRUTH He reveals that fact to them, and they learn the truth.
Post by ***@gmail.com
"If you do not call that toll free number and do not write a cheque to Paula
White Ministries, you will never see sustainment in your life, and your
dream will die."
- Paula White
Yeah. Avoid her. And many like her.

True men of God: Steve Lawson. John Barnett. One of the best sermons
I've ever heard:

The Invisible War

It teaches you about the spiritual battles we face that go unseen.
Rick C. Hodgin
s***@isnotyourbuddy.co.uk
2020-12-29 16:23:52 UTC
On Tue, 29 Dec 2020 10:31:02 -0500
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
I've never done any drugs in my life, except I did drink alcohol in my
youth. Not a lot, but socially.
Here's a prediction for you: "No, no, no. This sucker's electrical,
but I need a nuclear reaction to generate the 1.21 Gigawatts of
electricity I need." Doc Emmet Brown on his flux capacitor-driven
Delorian time machine.
So, the 1.21 is not 1.21 Gigawatts. It's code for January 2021, or
possibly even January 21, 2021. But regardless, there are dark powers
Oh noooo, not "Dark powers"!
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
and forces at work in power now who are setting up some kind of nuclear
event for next month. What will it be? I don't know. Possibly
something related to the U.S. election fraud. Possibly something else
entirely.
It was bad enough when you just quoted the Bible , now you're reading into
lines from kids films from the 80s? You really have gone off the deep end pal,
I'd get help if I were you. Seriously.
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
But keep your eyes pealed. Something major is coming, and it will
likely be in January of 2021.
Nothing is going to happen other than yet more covid shit. But at least being
able to laugh at your delusional stupidity on the 1st Feb will be something to
look forward too.
Rick C. Hodgin
2020-12-29 16:37:42 UTC
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
I've never done any drugs in my life, except I did drink alcohol in my
youth. Not a lot, but socially.
Here's a prediction for you: "No, no, no. This sucker's electrical,
but I need a nuclear reaction to generate the 1.21 Gigawatts of
electricity I need." Doc Emmet Brown on his flux capacitor-driven
Delorian time machine.
So, the 1.21 is not 1.21 Gigawatts. It's code for January 2021, or
possibly even January 21, 2021. But regardless, there are dark powers
Oh noooo, not "Dark powers"!
Have you read the Bible passage:

Ephesians 6:11-13

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ephesians+6%3A11-13&version=KJV;NIV

11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able
to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against
principalities, against powers, against the rulers of
the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness
in high places.
13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that
ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having
done all, to stand.

The dark powers that exist are evil spirits wielding their invisible
influence upon people unaware. They mosey up next to a sin-loving
person, and inject thoughts, feelings, emotions, ideas, into their
flesh. The unsuspecting person thinks they simply "feel" a particular
way, or that a thought or idea just occurred to them. They are unaware
they're under spiritual assault.

It takes a great deal of effort to keep it all at bay, which is why the
Bible also teaches:

1 Thessalonians 5:14-24

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+thessalonians+5%3A14-24&version=KJV;NIV

16 Rejoice evermore.
==> 17 Pray without ceasing.
18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God
in Christ Jesus concerning you.
19 Quench not the Spirit.
20 Despise not prophesyings.
21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.

We face a 24/7/365 onslaught of multiple incoming attackers, evil
spirits that seek to destroy us and see our soul destroyed in Hell.

It takes a fiercely devoted 24/7/365 response to keep them at bay. We
are assured victory, but it is a battle, ongoing battle in this flesh,
until the day we are delivered from this world.
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
and forces at work in power now who are setting up some kind of nuclear
event for next month. What will it be? I don't know. Possibly
something related to the U.S. election fraud. Possibly something else
entirely.
It was bad enough when you just quoted the Bible , now you're reading into
lines from kids films from the 80s? You really have gone off the deep end pal,
I'd get help if I were you. Seriously.
I do not say, "Thus sayeth the Lord," but it is a thought that occurred
to me. I could be wrong.

Have you seen this thought that occurred to me:

http://www.3alive.org
http://youtu.be/oGdVtSh4wRs

There are other videos in the description showing the history /
progression of development over time. I'm almost ready to release the
next version. It comes with real proof that the Earth itself reveals,
which IMO indicates a clear and conscious choice to deceive people on
behalf of the existing scientists. Either that, or they are so deceived
by those dark powers at work in this world that they're literally blind
to the truth.

But, we'll see. In the end, truth will win. :-)
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
But keep your eyes pealed. Something major is coming, and it will
likely be in January of 2021.
Nothing is going to happen other than yet more covid ... But at least being
able to laugh at your delusional stupidity on the 1st Feb will be something to
look forward too.
That will be a hoot, won't it? :-) We should have an online celebratory
party. We can all video conference in and you can tell me how funny it
is that I was wrong. :-)
Rick C. Hodgin
s***@isnotyourbuddy.co.uk
2020-12-30 10:33:06 UTC
On Tue, 29 Dec 2020 11:37:42 -0500
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
I've never done any drugs in my life, except I did drink alcohol in my
youth. Not a lot, but socially.
Here's a prediction for you: "No, no, no. This sucker's electrical,
but I need a nuclear reaction to generate the 1.21 Gigawatts of
electricity I need." Doc Emmet Brown on his flux capacitor-driven
Delorian time machine.
So, the 1.21 is not 1.21 Gigawatts. It's code for January 2021, or
possibly even January 21, 2021. But regardless, there are dark powers
Oh noooo, not "Dark powers"!
No. My choice of fiction doesn't include a 2000 year old mostly irrelevant
book written for illiterate peasents on donkeys.
Chris M. Thomasson
2020-12-30 05:37:20 UTC
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
and forces at work in power now who are setting up some kind of nuclear
event for next month. What will it be? I don't know. Possibly
something related to the U.S. election fraud. Possibly something else
entirely.
It was bad enough when you just quoted the Bible , now you're reading into
lines from kids films from the 80s? You really have gone off the deep end pal,
I'd get help if I were you. Seriously.
Well, some 80's kids films were pretty cool: Flight of The Navigator...
Labyrinth, Dragon Slayer

(3'rd class)

look forward too.
s***@isnotyourbuddy.co.uk
2020-12-30 10:37:16 UTC
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
and forces at work in power now who are setting up some kind of nuclear
event for next month. What will it be? I don't know. Possibly
something related to the U.S. election fraud. Possibly something else
entirely.
It was bad enough when you just quoted the Bible , now you're reading into
lines from kids films from the 80s? You really have gone off the deep end
pal,
Post by s***@isnotyourbuddy.co.uk
I'd get help if I were you. Seriously.
Well, some 80's kids films were pretty cool: Flight of The Navigator...
Labyrinth, Dragon Slayer
Not sure I'd use them as a guide to the future however :) Though Contagion
with Gywneth Paltrow got pretty close!
Chris M. Thomasson
Big time!
Rick C. Hodgin
2020-12-28 13:35:18 UTC
Post by Juha Nieminen
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Many have forgotten the true meaning of CHRISTmas.
For a Christian religious zealot you seem to be almost hilariously unaware
of how unbiblical and pagan Christmas is.
Have you read the verse:

Romans 14:4-7

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans+14%3A4-7&version=KJV;NIV

4 Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To their own
master, servants stand or fall. And they will stand, for
the Lord is able to make them stand.
5 One person considers one day more sacred than another;
another considers every day alike. Each of them should
be fully convinced in their own mind.
6 Whoever regards one day as special does so to the Lord...
7 For none of us lives for ourselves alone, and none of
us dies for ourselves alone.

The Lord has not given Christians any explicit commands on certain days
to perform religious ceremonies. He says, "As often as you do this, do
so in remembrance of me" even with communion.

But for the Christian, each day will be served unto Him, remembering
Him, honoring Him, reaching out to others, etc.

So, the Christians who celebrate CHRISTmas don't do it for pagan
reasons. Whatever the origins might have been, when Christians
celebrate CHRISTmas it's to celebrate the birth of Christ, and as part
of a tradition in their families and communities. It's a way to reach
out to people in love, hope, and joy.
Rick C. Hodgin
Juha Nieminen
2020-12-28 14:18:16 UTC
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
The Lord has not given Christians any explicit commands on certain days
to perform religious ceremonies.
That's where you are incorrect. God mandates several holidays on very
explicit dates, most particularly in Leviticus 23.

From all these festivals mandated by God, you instead choose to
celebrate a non-biblical festival that has direct roots to a pagan
festival, in particular the Roman Saturnalia.

All the unbiblical traditions of Christmas come from pagan religions,
such as the eating of pork (forbidden by God) and the decorating of
trees (see Jeremiah 10).
Rick C. Hodgin
2020-12-28 17:37:57 UTC
Post by Juha Nieminen
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
The Lord has not given Christians any explicit commands on certain days
to perform religious ceremonies.
That's where you are incorrect. God mandates several holidays on very
explicit dates, most particularly in Leviticus 23.
From all these festivals mandated by God, you instead choose to
celebrate a non-biblical festival that has direct roots to a pagan
festival, in particular the Roman Saturnalia.
All the unbiblical traditions of Christmas come from pagan religions,
such as the eating of pork (forbidden by God) and the decorating of
trees (see Jeremiah 10).
You are conflating two testaments. The Old Testament is the Law of Moses. The New Testament is a new testament in Jesus' blood. Jesus put to death the Old Testament in His death at the cross. He's made all things new.

There's more information than you know, Juha. The Bible teaches both testaments because both are important. The things God commanded in the past are for profit in fighting against a spiritual enemy you can't see. But the John 3 new spiritual birth changes everything. God walks with us in our life literally. He's not here in the flesh as Jesus once was and will be again. He is with us spiritually, His Holy Spirit communing with our spirit. This is not possible until a person is saved, for the flesh cannot discern spiritual matters. It's like the light hitting your cheek. Your cheek can't see. For sight you need an eye. For spiritual matters you need a spirit.

Research these things, Juha. Learn the truth from the Bible itself. It will overturn all the lies the enemy of God and you tries to teach people. It will set your feet and course on solid ground.
Rick C. Hodgin
Mr Flibble
2020-12-28 20:39:07 UTC
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Post by Juha Nieminen
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
The Lord has not given Christians any explicit commands on certain days
to perform religious ceremonies.
That's where you are incorrect. God mandates several holidays on very
explicit dates, most particularly in Leviticus 23.
From all these festivals mandated by God, you instead choose to
[...]
And Satan invented fossils, yes? Spammer?

/Flibble
😎
Rick C. Hodgin
2020-12-28 21:43:09 UTC
Post by Mr Flibble
And Satan invented fossils, yes? Spammer?
If you're so against spam, why do you post anything?

:-)
Rick C. Hodgin
Chris M. Thomasson
2020-12-29 02:19:33 UTC
Anything in response to you, right?
Juha Nieminen
2020-12-29 07:21:28 UTC
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
You are conflating two testaments. The Old Testament is the Law of Moses. The New Testament is a new testament in Jesus' blood. Jesus put to death the Old Testament in His death at the cross. He's made all things new.
Jesus explicitly stated that the Law will not diseappear, and that whoever
follows the Law and teaches it will be called great in heaven.

"Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I didn't come
to destroy them, but to fulfill them, because I tell all of you with
certainty that until heaven and earth disappear, not one letter or one
stroke of a letter will disappear from the Law until everything has been
accomplished."

Notice especially how he continues:

"So whoever sets aside one of the least of these commandments and teaches
others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom from heaven.
But whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom
from heaven 20 because I tell you, unless your righteousness greatly exceeds
that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom from
heaven!"

For a religious zealot you don't seem very keen on following your own
god's commandments, which Jesus himself instructed you to do.
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Research these things, Juha. Learn the truth from the Bible itself.
I seem to know the bible better than you. I think it's you who haven't
researched it enough.

You are nothing but a hypocrite. You preach your religion to others, but
you don't even follow it yourself, which is the textbook definition of
a hypocrite.
Keith Thompson
2020-12-29 08:37:57 UTC
Post by Juha Nieminen
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
You are conflating
[SNIP]
Post by Juha Nieminen
Jesus explicitly stated
[SNIP]

Juha, please stop. If you want to debate Rick, you can email him.
If you want to debate religion, there are newsgroups and other
forums where it's appropriate.
Rick C. Hodgin
2020-12-29 14:26:14 UTC
Post by Juha Nieminen
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
You are conflating two testaments. The Old Testament is the Law of Moses. The New Testament is a new testament in Jesus' blood. Jesus put to death the Old Testament in His death at the cross. He's made all things new.
Jesus explicitly stated that the Law will not diseappear, and that whoever
follows the Law and teaches it will be called great in heaven.
There's a law on the books here in the United States that says I must
drive slower than the maximum speed limit. It's a law enforceable by
the police, fines, and jail time if I violate it enough.

But that law is for people who drive vehicles over 13,000 pounds. It's
a valid law on the books, but it doesn't apply to me. It has not
changed, even though I am no longer subject to it.
Post by Juha Nieminen
"Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I didn't come
to destroy them, but to fulfill them, because I tell all of you with
certainty that until heaven and earth disappear, not one letter or one
stroke of a letter will disappear from the Law until everything has been
accomplished."
Jesus put the Law of Moses to death in His death on the cross. That
death is for all who are born again (of the spirit) into the New
Testament, the New Covenant of His blood.

The old remains, Juha, but it no longer applies to those who are born
again. It no longer has sting, or power over men. That's not to say it
isn't profitable for obeying many aspects of it, as I indicated. It is
profitable for shoring up your physical life against the Earthly attacks
by the enemy of this world (also a spirit).
Post by Juha Nieminen
"So whoever sets aside one of the least of these commandments and teaches
others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom from heaven.
But whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom
from heaven 20 because I tell you, unless your righteousness greatly exceeds
that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom from
heaven!"
You're missing the point. Jesus is saying that our righteousness does
not come from us, but from Him. But even in our Earthly form, we must
be sincere in seeking. We must be pure of heart, mind, more so than the
hypocrite scribes and Pharisees were. That movement comes also by the
spirit, though our flesh can also have a zeal and vigor based on the
measurements of abilities and traits God poured out to us in our creation.

It all comes together and works for God when you are called by Him
according to His purpose with the John 3 born again nature. God does it
all internally, but He allows us to walk in His guidance and movement in
our lives.
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Research these things, Juha. Learn the truth from the Bible itself.
I seem to know the bible better than you. I think it's you who haven't
researched it enough.
You are nothing but a hypocrite. You preach your religion to others, but
you don't even follow it yourself, which is the textbook definition of
a hypocrite.
You look at things a particular way, Juha, but it's not the correct way.
You are missing a lot by not having the spirit, by not seeking the
truth. Your understanding is a series of if..else statements. By the
spirit, it's different than that.

Paul, whom Jesus told Ananias was His chosen vessel to bring the message
forth to the Gentiles, kings, and the children of Israel (Acts 9:15),
goes on to say:

1 Corinthians 10:23

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1%20Corinthians%2010:23&version=KJV;NIV

KJV -- 23 All things are lawful for me, but all things are
not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but
all things edify not.

NIV -- 23 “I have the right to do anything,” you say — but
not everything is beneficial. “I have the right
to do anything” — but not everything is constructive.

Paul also goes on to teach that we are to consider others in our
liberty, so that if our eating meat offends a brother in Christ, then we
won't eat meat when we're around that person.

It's an interwoven relationship, Juha. It's not a series of if..else
statements. It's an inner guidance by the Holy Spirit moving you in
your spirit to move.
Rick C. Hodgin
Rick C. Hodgin
2020-12-29 18:12:09 UTC
Post by Juha Nieminen
For a religious zealot you don't seem very keen on following your own
god's commandments, which Jesus himself instructed you to do.
You are nothing but a hypocrite. You preach your religion to others, but
you don't even follow it yourself, which is the textbook definition of
a hypocrite.
Juha, something else to consider: Moses didn't make it into the
promised land. He died before they crossed over the Jordan River and
intered into the Land of Canaan. Moses was even 120 years old when he
died, but he didn't make it to the promised land before passing. (We
see him in the promised land at the mount of transfiguration where he
stood there with Jesus and Elijah)

The Law can only take you so far. It can only point out where you fail.
It cannot deliver you to salvation. If the Law had been sufficient
for salvation, Jesus would never have needed to come in to the world.

For salvation and deliverance from the power of the Law, we need Jesus.
Only He can set us free from sin, but taking our sin away by His
willing, conscious, purposeful death at the cross.

It was the ONLY way to save us from God's judgment.
Rick C. Hodgin
Chris M. Thomasson
I bet you can be a fair Judge! Right?
Chris M. Thomasson
2020-12-30 05:46:49 UTC
[...]
Are you real? Our merely a projection of your God?
Chris M. Thomasson
2020-12-30 06:50:54 UTC
[...]
God Manifesting Itself:

;^)
Anton Shepelev
2020-12-30 10:12:18 UTC
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Many have forgotten the true meaning of CHRISTmas.
That is true. First they started to distort it as X-mas,
then to avoid the term altogether...
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Thanks to Jesus: "Oh death, where is thy sting?"
The invocative particle is O, not Oh.

A Mickle Merry Christmas to you and everyone!
/\ http://preview.tinyurl.com/qcy6mjc [archived]
Rick C. Hodgin
2020-12-30 18:40:45 UTC
Post by Anton Shepelev
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Many have forgotten the true meaning of CHRISTmas.
That is true. First they started to distort it as X-mas,
then to avoid the term altogether...
I used to be one of them. I used to say "Happy Christmas" and write
down XMAS. Also Turkey Day and things like that. As I've drawn close
to Jesus, I see what those transformations are -- a way for the enemy of
God to assert his guidance to not have Thanksgiving, and not remember
Christ, and all that goes with it, in our societies.

People will always hear a Merry Christmas from me, and a Happy Thanksgiving.
Post by Anton Shepelev
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Thanks to Jesus: "Oh death, where is thy sting?"
The invocative particle is O, not Oh.
:-) My bad. Thank you.
Post by Anton Shepelev
A Mickle Merry Christmas to you and everyone!
A Mickle Merry Christmas to you as well!
Rick C. Hodgin
Mr Flibble
2020-12-30 22:31:09 UTC
Post by Anton Shepelev
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Thanks to Jesus:  "Oh death, where is thy sting?"
The invocative particle is O, not Oh.
:-)  My bad.  Thank you.
Post by Anton Shepelev
A Mickle Merry Christmas to you and everyone!
A Mickle Merry Christmas to you as well!
Get a fucking room.

/Flibble
😎
Anton Shepelev
2020-12-31 14:10:51 UTC
Post by Mr Flibble
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Post by Anton Shepelev
A Mickle Merry Christmas to you and everyone!
A Mickle Merry Christmas to you as well!
Get a fucking room.
Do not get me wrong. I disapprove of Rick's sermons in non-
Christian newsgroups as everybody else, and have asked him
(wihout effect) to please abstain because they only annoy
people. Observe also that I did not reply to the essesnce of
his post, but only gave back my good wishes of the season
and made a remark about English usage. A wish of a Merry
Christmas is no worse than a wish of a Happy New Year and
does not deserve a negative reaction from an atheist,
Muslim, or Judaist.

X-mas for Christmas is as disparaging as `app' for `program'
or `selfie' for self-portrait. Futhermore, like `donut' for
`dough-nut', the primitivised spelling conceals the meaning
of the word.

Lest I provoke more hatred, this is my last post in this
thread.
/\ http://preview.tinyurl.com/qcy6mjc [archived]
Rick C. Hodgin
2020-12-31 15:08:19 UTC
Post by Anton Shepelev
Lest I provoke more hatred, this is my last post in this
thread.
REG: We-- we need doers in our movement, Brian, but... before you
join us, know this: there is not one of us here who would not
gladly suffer death to rid this country of the Romans once and
for all.

COMMANDO: Uhh. Well, one.

REG: Oh, yeah. Yeah, there's one, but otherwise, we're solid.
Are you with us?

-----
If you're a believer in Jesus Christ, Anton, teach people. Time is
short. And people are important.
Rick C. Hodgin
Mr Flibble

😎
Chris M. Thomasson
2020-12-31 01:53:17 UTC
Post by Anton Shepelev
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Thanks to Jesus:  "Oh death, where is thy sting?"
The "sting" is the actual process of passing away in certain scenarios.
The sting can be the feeling of burning to death. Or as your holding
your breath, knowing you are going to drown as soon as you breath again.
Rosario19
2021-01-03 17:20:44 UTC
Post by Rick C. Hodgin
Because of sin all of mankind was lost. Adam sinned, and sin then
passed down into everyone born from Adam (which was all people). All
people carried the sin within them of Adam, meaning all people were
guilty before God.
But 2,000 years ago, God entered into the equation to change things.
Jesus stepped down to Earth from His Heavenly Throne, came to us to be
born and live as one of us. Physical flesh yet remaining God. He was
born King. Even King of kings, and Lord of lords.
Jesus was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of
angels, preached unto people all over the world, believed on everywhere,
and received up into glory where He now sits in all power and authority,
even holding full power and authority over death, Hell, and the grave.
Thanks to Jesus: "Oh death, where is thy sting?"
Marry Christmas, and Happy New Year to all
-----
Chris M. Thomasson